Surge Protection

Surge Protection

First off, what is a power surge?

A power surge can happen for several reasons. Lightning, trees falling on overhead lines, or malfunctioning utility equipment can all cause power surges. When this happens, the voltage in your home rapidly increases; possibly by thousands of volts!

Although power surges usually don’t last more than a few seconds, even a short burst of high voltage electricity can cause significant damage to your home’s electrical system, appliances, and other sensitive electronics like your computer.

Today, homes contain an average of $15,000 worth of unprotected electronics. Appliances like refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, washers and dryers, and even furnaces all contain sensitive electronics that can be damaged by a power surge; not to mention televisions or gaming systems that are plugged in at the time of the surge. 

At Amp Champ, we want to protect your home, appliances, and electronics with specialized surge protection.

Our electricians will be able to assess your home’s electrical system and determine the level of surge protection required to keep your appliances and devices safe. 

The device on the left bottom corner underneath the panel is an effective surge protection device installed by Amp Champ.